Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Still no baking but lots of eating

Another week has gone by where I have not baked. I must get out of this baking slump quick.
In the mean time, I'll just have to fill you in on my latest food obsessions.

Lets start with Friday.
Since it is Lent, that means meatless Fridays. Which makes it a perfect day to hit up Flex Mussels. Finally! Seriously, it's been a long time coming. Thank you meatless Fridays for giving me a reason to go. (As if I needed an excuse). Yummy food. Just wasn't able to try the clam chowder since there was bacon in there, or the San Danielle mussels since that had prosciutto. Darn, I do love prosciutto. As for the donuts, not too bad. My faves would be raspberry, pb&j, and the chocolate hazelnut! Mmmm what a delish dinner.
 [tuna tartare]
 [clam chowder]
 [italiano: calamari, roasted garlic, red wine, tomato sauce] 
[san danielle: prosciutto, caramelized onions, white wine, garlic]
 
[truffle fries] 
 [donuts: raspberry, salted caramel, cinnamon sugar, pb&j, (2) chocolate hazelnut]

Now onto Tuesday...
Had linner at Roberta's in Brooklyn. Oh and if you're wondering if that was a typo, well it was not. Linner is similar to brunch, but is the afternoon meal instead of lunch and dinner. So maybe it should be called lunner? Anyway... my afternoon meal was at Roberta's. Which was then followed by dessert at Brooklyn Farmacy.
Both delicious and unique places, that I would consider my favorites. What a great way to welcome spring :) Great food & lovely weather.
Roberta's
[cheese plate] 
[the beastmaster: tomato, mozz, gorgonzola, pork sausage, onion, capers, jalapenos 
& the bee sting: tomato, mozz, sopressata, chili, honey ]

Brooklyn Farmacy


 [strawberry rhubarb pie & vanilla ice cream]
[vanilla & coffee milkshake -&- a slice of apple pie]

Brooklyn Farmacy is a restored pharmacy that serves dessert in an old-fashioned setting.
Decorated with original fixtures, this place is absolutely adorable.
Traditional soda shops meets modern day culinary twists <3 


Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment