Sunday, March 11, 2012

The happiest hour of them all

My baking drought continues. Hopefully that changes sometime soon, after all I have to test out a recipe I plan on using for Easter. For those of you that I will be spending Easter with, here's my hint: it involves fruit.

But until that day, I will just have to update you on other things.

On Friday, I went to Mermaid Oyster Bar during happy hour. Best decision ever. This entry isn't devoted to the cheap drinks but it's all about the cheap food. The main reason I was drawn to this place was the $1 oysters. I could easily down a dozen. I did. I loved every second of it! =) Overall, their happy hour menu is pretty awesome. I enjoyed every bite of the mini fish tacos and lobster sliders. Yumm! Now let me prove how much I liked it there:

Half devoured
[about 5mins later there wasn't a single crumb left]

I got so distracted being in  food heaven that I forgot to take a picture when our first serving came out. Then remembering halfway through our second serving, I decided any picture is better than no picture. Okay, there is no evidence of fish tacos, except for that empty plate at the top (middle) of the picture. What can I say, but when there's food in front of my face everything else is practically forgotten. 


To top things off they give you free chocolate pudding and a fish fortune teller thingamajig. I consider this a fun evening. Even if the fortune said I was a fickle person. Whatever. I left a happy camper.
Now, when do I get to go again?

1 comment: