Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Final Round

Now that I have filled you in on my cake pops and my peanut buttery PB&C Bars it is time to conclude my baking recap.

The last recipe I had told you about in my 'Welcome Back' post had been the Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies. These thumbprints are the same as the Valentine's Day themed cookies I told you about, but with a twist.

  • Create the shortbread dough. If you need a refresher, click the link 'above.'
    [For other recipes, click the underlined for links]
  • Mix everything together. Refrigerate. Take out 1 hour later.
  • Here is the twist I told you about. Instead of spending all that time rolling out the dough, you're just going to form them into little balls.
    • Take about a tablespoon and a half of dough and roll into a ball.
    • Place it on a lined baking sheet.
    • Put your thumb in the middle of the ball and gently press down. You want to create a little indent, you do NOT want to push through & touch the pan.
    • Take half a teaspoon of raspberry jam and place in the little indent you had created. Do not go overboard with the jam or else it will ooze down the sides of your cookie (it'll look less cute and more murdered cookie). And yes, you will bake the cookie with the jam.
    • Bake at 350degrees Fahrenheit for approx. 10 minutes or until the bottom edges of the cookie are a golden brown. 
    • While you are waiting for the cookies to cool, melt some chocolate. I used milk chocolate. Let the chocolate cool for several minutes. Then drizzle it over the cookies.
  

And that's it! Not too bad, right?


I am finally up to date on my baking adventures! Hopefully, I'll get to bring you a new recipe soon. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment