Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let's continue recapping

Now that I have apologized for my absence and filled you in on my cake pop [click for link] adventure, let's continue.

In my last post, I had mentioned that I made PB & C Bars. That would be peanut butter and chocolate chip bars. I love peanut butter! I could eat peanut butter straight from the jar and as a matter of fact I had a heaping teaspoon of it just yesterday. So, these PB&C bars are perfect for those peanut butter lovers out there. Which is why I made them for my wifey's birthday. Oh to clear things up, wifey isn't actually my spouse. We never had a civil service declaring our love, there is no document proving to the world we are married. I almost forgot to mention we're both straight and dating other people. Other than those minor details, we've been friends for 10 years (maybe a little less, kind of thought she was a biotch when I first met her haha). Wifey, if you happen to be reading this ... Hi and Happy Birthday (again).

Back to baking ...
These bars are quick, simple, and just plain yummy.

INGREDIENTS
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
  • Line a 9x9in pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
  • Cream butter and both peanut butters. Once blended together, beat in both sugars until combined and mixture is smooth.
  • Add the eggs one at a time. Then the vanilla.
  • Slowly incorporate dry ingredients, adding it in thirds. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the dry ingredients are mixed in before adding more of the flour mix.
  • After batter is completely mixed together, stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle has just set. (When in doubt, toothpick test!)
  • Let it cool. Cut it into slices. Eat
Chewy. Gooey. And just a bit crunchy. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment